Tamil Text & Tamil Translation
Tamil Text & English Translation
English Text & English Translation
Kannada Text & English Translation
place : thiruvaNNAmalai
1. Adhiyum an^dhamum illA arumperuny chOdhiyai yAmpAdak kEttEyum vALthadaN^kaN mAdhE vaLarudhiyO vancheviyO n^inchevithAn mAdhEvan vArkazalkaL vAzththiya vAzththolipOy vIdhivAyk kEttalumE vimmivimmi meymmaRan^dhu pOdhAr amaLiyinmEl n^inRum puraNdiN^N^an EdhEnum AgAL kidan^dhAL en nEennE IdhE en^thOzi parichElOr empAvAy
We are singing of the rare great Flame That has no beginning and no end. In spite of listening to it, Oh the girl with sword like sharp beautiful eye, you still have not opened your eyes(sleeping). Is your ear senseless ? On hearing the praise of the perfect feet of the Greatest dEva the sound of praise, which arises at the start of the street, one has forgotten herself weeping and weeping ! You as if nothing happened are coolly turning about enjoying the soft flowers spread on the bed, what a pity what a pity !! Is this behavior becoming of you, my dear friend ?!
2. pAcham paranychOdik kenbAy irAppakaln^Am pEchumpO dheppOdhip pOdhAr amaLikkE n^Echamum vaiththanaiyO n^ErizaiyAy n^ErizaiyIr chIchi ivaiyuny chilavO viLaiyAdi Echum idamIdhO viNNOrkaL EththudhaRkuk kUchu malarppAdhan^ than^dharuLa van^dharuLum thEchan chivalOkan thillaichiR RambalaththuL IchanArk kanbAryAm ArElOr empAvAy
Whenever we talk day and night you used to say, "Our bond is with the Supreme Luminance." Oh slim beautiful girl!, but did you keep all your liking to this floral soft bed ?!
The girl on the bed:
Oh slim beautiful girls!, How can you talk (mock) like this ?
Is it the place to play mocking each others ? Who are we ? The Luminous, the One in the world of shivam, the Lord of small abode at thillai, who blesses us giving His Floral Feet, for praising which, even the celestial elements (viNNOrkaL) are scared of their qualification, to that Lord we are lovers.
3. muththanna veNNakaiyAy munvan^ dhedhir ezun^dhen aththan Anan^dhan amudhan en RaLLURith thithtikkap pEchuvAy van^dhun kadaithiRavAy paththudaiyIr Ichan pazavadiyIr pAN^gudaiyIr puththadiyOm punmaithIrth thAtkoNdAR pollAdhO eththOn^in anbudaimai ellOm aRiyOmO chiththam azakiyAr pAdArO n^amchivanai iththanaiyum vENdum emakkElOr empAvAy
Oh one with pearl like charming smile ! You would come getting up early and speak in the sweet words with the heart soaked in those words saying, "My aththan, ecstasy, nectar" (praising the God). Come and open your doors !
The girl on the bed:
Oh the people with the ten great characters, the people committed to the Oldest feet of the Lord, my friends !! I being new slave, is it wrong if you correct my bad behaviors and take me to the right path ?!
Oh dear, don't we know your love ? Don't the people of beautiful heart sing our Shiva ? Come let us get those (good qualities).
4. oNNith thilan^agaiyAy innam pularn^dhinRO vaNNak kiLimoziyAr ellArum van^dhArO eNNikko duLLavA chollukOm avvaLavum kaNNaith thuyinRavamE kAlaththaip pOkkAdhE viNNuk korumarun^dhai vEdha vizupporuLaik kaNNuk kiniyAnaip pAdik kachin^dhuLLam uLn^ekku n^inRuruga yAmAttOm n^IyEvan^dhu eNNik kuRaiyil thuyilElOr empAvAy
Oh the girl of charming smile! Is it not yet dawn ?
The girl on the bed:
Have all the girls of pretty parrot like voice come ?
After counting we are telling the fact. Don't waste the time in sleep. The Medicine for the whole space, the Great declaration of vEda, the Charming one for eyes, Him, we are singing with the melting heart outpouring love. We won't (count for you wasting our time). You come and count for yourself and if it is less continue your sleep.
5. mAlaRiyA n^Anmukanum kANA malaiyinain^Am pOlaRivOm enRuLLa pokkaN^ga LEpEchum pAlURu thEnvAyp padiRI kadaithiRavAy nyAlamE viNNE piRavE aRivariyAn kOlamum n^ammaiAt koNdaruLi kOdhAttuny chIlamum pAdich chivanE chivanEenRu Olam idinum uNarAy uNarAykAN Elak kuzali parichElOr empAvAy
Oh cheat! the girl of milky honey speech, who tells lies from the heart that we know the Mount that was not known by vishNu and not seen by brahma, come and open the house door ! The One who is difficult to be understood by the world, space and others, His form and His great deed of taking us as His slaves and caring a lot for us, that we sing and scream, "Oh shiva! Oh shivA !!" But still you never felt it ! never felt !! Oh nice plaited girl, Is this your quality !!
6. mAnEn^I n^ennalai n^ALaivan^ dhuN^gaLai n^AnE ezuppuvan enRalum n^ANAmE pOna dhichaipagarAy innam pularn^dhinRO vAnE n^ilanE piRavE aRivariyAn thAnEvan^ dhemmaith thalaiyaLith thAtkoNdaruLum vAnvAr kazalpAdi van^dhOrkkun vAythiRavAy UnE urugAy unakkE uRum emakkum EnOrkkum thaN^kOnaip pAdElOr empAvAy
Oh deer ! You told yesterday that you yourself would come and wake us up the next day. But where did you go (today) ? Are you not ashamed ? Is it not yet dawn ? The One who is difficult to be understood by the space, earth and others, His coming by Himself to own us making us superior, singing that sky-like Great feet we have come. Reply to us. Oh flesh, melt! Let us sing of Him, Who is the Chief to us and all others.
7. annE ivaiyuny chilavO pala amarar unnaR kariyAn oruvan irunychIrAn chinnaN^gaL kEtpach chivan enRE vAythiRappAy thennAen nAmunnam thIchEr mezugoppAy ennAnai en araiyan innamudhen RellOmuny chonnON^kEl vevvERAy innan^ thuyiludhiyO vannenychap pEdhaiyarpOl vALA kidaththiyAl ennE thuyilin parichElOr empAvAy
Oh girl ! Is it a play ? For many celestials (amarar) He is not even thinkable. The One with bounteous wealth. On hearing His symbols you would open your mouth saying "shiva". Even before completing the word saying "Oh the Lord of South", you would become like the wax put on the fire. We are all saying my One, "My King, Sweet nectar" and so many other things, hear. Still are you sleeping ? You are lying like the crude hearted females. How powerful is this sleep !!
8. kOzi chilambach chilambuN^ kurugeN^gum Ezil iyamba iyambumveN chaN^geN^gum kEzil paranychOdhi kEzil paraN^karuNai kEzil vizupporuLkaL pAdinON^ kEttilaiyO vAziyI dhenna uRakkamO vAythiRavAy AziyAn anbudaimai AmARum ivvARO Uzi mudhalvanAy n^inRa oruvanai EzaipaN^ gALanaiyE pAdElOr empAvAy
The hens started shouting, so are the sparrows. The yAz and white conches(chaN^gu) produced their sound everywhere. We are singing the Supreme Luminance, Supreme Grace and the great things, didn't you listen ? What a sleep it is, long live ! Open your mouth. Is this the way of loving the One with the disc weapon in His hand ? One who stood beyond the deluge, Him, who shares the body with the slim lady (umA) (it could also be interpreted as the Partner of poor), let us sing !
9. munnaip pazamporutkum munnaip pazamporuLE pinnaip pudhumaikkum pErththum ap peRRiyanE unnaip pirAnAgap peRRavun chIradiyOm unnadiyAr thALpaNivOm AN^gavarkkE pAN^gAvOm annavarE eN^kaNavar AvAr avar ukan^dhu chonna parichE thozumbAyp paNicheyvOm inna vakaiyE emakkeN^kOn n^alguthiyEl enna kuRaiyum ilOmElOr empAvAy
Oh the Oldest thing of the oldest things ! The recently named latest of the newest things ! We, Your disciplined slaves, who got Yourself as our Lord, would bow down to the foot of your slaves; would become friends of them only; One like them only would become our husband; we would serve the way he likingly tells. If you, our King, bless us this way we are free from any unfulfilment.
10. pAdhALam EzinuN^kIz choRkazivu pAdhamalar pOdhAr punaimudiyum ellAp poruLmudivE pEdhai orupAl thirumEni onRallan vEdhamudhal viNNOrum maNNun^ thudhiththAlum Odha ulavA oruthOzan thoNdaruLan kOdhil kulaththaran than kOyiR piNAppiLLaikAL Edhavan Ur EdhavanpEr Ar uRRar Ar ayalAr Edhavanaip pAdum parichElOr empAvAy
Even below the seven underneath worlds is the Floral Feet that is beyond words (indescribable)! The Splendid Hair of floral fragrance is (beyond) the end of all matters !! Female oneside, His Holy Form is not just one. Staring with Vedas, even if the celestial powers and the earth praise Him, He is indescribable. That One Friend is residing in the hearts of His servants. Oh girls, who serve the hara of flawless tradition, tell us, "Which is His town ? What is His name ? Who is related and who is not ? What is the way to sing of Him ?!"
11. moyyAr thadampoykai pukku mugErennak kaiyAR kudin^dhu kudain^dhun kazalpAdi aiyA vaziyadiyOm vAzn^dhON^kAN ArazalpOR cheyyAveN NIRAdi chelvA chiRumaruN^gul maiyAr thadaN^kaN madan^thai maNavALA aiyAn^I AtkoN daruLum viLaiyAttin uyvArkaL uyyum vakaiellAm uyn^dhozin^dhOm eyyAmaR kAppAy emaiElOr empAvAy
The pond is filled with the reverberations of the flies, bathing in that pond, striking the water with our bud like hands singing your ornated foot, Oh Great One, your traditional slaves, we thrived. Oh Red One like the fierce fire ! Oh White Ash smeared Rich One! The Lord of the Lady with nicely dyed, well formed eyes and small waist. Oh Great One, in your play of blessing us by taking as slaves, the way people get salvation we all got salvation. Help us not to lose our resolution.
12. Arththa piRavith thuyarkedan^Am ArththAdum thIrththan n^aRRillai chiRRambalaththE thIyAdum kUththan ivvAnum kuvalayamum ellOmum kAththum padaiththum karan^dhum viLaiyAdi vArththaiyum pEchi vaLaichilamba vArkalaikaL Arpparavam cheyya aNikuzalmEl vaNdArppa pUththikazum poykai kudain^dhudaiyAn poRpAdham Eththi irunychunain^I rAdElOr empAvAy
The One with chaste water(river), whom we pray to and dance in order to get rid of the roaring suffering of birth. The Dancer with fire at the tiny arena in nice thillai is protecting, creating and removing this sky, world and all of us as His play. Speaking the (sacred) words (of Him), the bangles tingling together with other ornaments chiming, the bees buzzing on the decorated plait, striking the (water in the) floral pond, praising the Golden Foot of the Lord, let us take bath in this nice hill-tank.
13. paiN^kuvaLaik kArmalarAR cheN^kamalap paimpOdhaal aN^gaN^ kuruginaththAr pinnum aravaththAl thaN^kaL malaN^kazuvu vArvan^dhu chArdhalinAl eN^gaL pirAttiyum eN^kOnum pOnRichain^dha poN^gu maduviR pugappAyn^dhu pAyn^dhun^any chaN^gany chilambach chilambu kalan^dhArppak koN^gaikaL poN^gak kudaiyum punalpoN^gap paN^gayap pUmpunalpAyn^ dhAdElOr empAvAy
On account of the dark green kuvaLai flower and the fresh bud of the red lotus, and on account of the buzzing sound of the small-bodied creatures, this brimming pond appears as our Goddess and our King with those who come for refuge to wash away their impurities. In this lotus filled pond we plunge in and thrust about. Our conches and anklets together make a ringing sound, breasts delight, even the water springs overflow. Swim in the pond.
14. kAdhAr kuzaiyAdap paimpUN kalanAdak kOdhai kuzalAda vaNdin kuzAmAdach chIdhap punalAdich chiRRam balampAdi vEdhap poruLpAdi apporuLA mApAdich chOdhi thiRampAdich chUzkonRaith thArpAdi Adhi thiRampAdi an^dhamA mApAdip pEdhiththu n^ammai vaLarththeduththa peyvaLaithan pAdhath thiRampAdi AdElOr empAvAy
The earrings and golden ornaments dance. The flower garland on the plaits and the bees around it dance. Bathing in the chill water, singing of the Tiny Hall, singing of the Lord, Who is the substance of the Vedas, singing of the Lord in all the ways He is shining as the substance, singing the greatness of His nature of Luminance (effulgence), singing of the bunch of konRai flowers (that He wears), singing of the power of the Lord Who is Source, singing of Him, Who is the end of all matter, singing of the glory of the foot of the Lady (Shakti), who brings us up and helps us evolve - Bathe & play.
15. OrorukAl emperumAn enRenRE n^amperumAn chIrorukAl vAyOvAL chiththaN^ kaLikUra n^IrorukAl OvA n^edun^thArai kaNpanippap pArorukAl van^dhanaiyAL viNNOraith thAnpaNiyAL pEraraiyark kiN^N^anE piththoruvar AmARum Aroruvar ivvaNNam AtkoLLum viththakarthAL vAruruvap pUNmulaiyIr vAyAra n^AmpAdi Eruruvap pUmpunal pAyn^dhu AdElOr empAvAy
Now and then she utters, "My Lord". Thus her mouth never relents in praising of the glory of our Lord ! Rejoicing in the thought of the Lord, she cries relentlessly wetting the eyes. She does not return to this world, nor bow down to the celestial powers. To the One Emperor, she becomes mad like this. Let us sing of the Proficient One, who takes slaves like this. Oh girls with ornament dressed breasts, let us swim in the floral stream and sing of the golden feet of that Lord to our hearts content.
16. munnik kadalaich churukki ezun^dhudaiyAL ennath thigazn^dhemmai ALudaiyAL ittidaiyin minnip polin^dhem pirAtti thiruvadimER ponnany chilambiR chilambith thiruppuruvam ennach chilaikulavi n^an^thammai ALudaiyAL thanniR pirivilA eN^kOmAn anbarkku munni avaLn^amakku munchurakkum innaruLE ennap poziyAy mazaiyElOr empAvAy
Oh Rain! First the water from the seas condense and go up as steam in the skies. Let it become dark cloud, dark like the Lordess (shakti)! May the lightning shall shine like the slim waist of Her who rules us May the thunder shall sound like the tinkling of Her golden anklet, May the rainbow shall arch like Her eyebrow, May you shower like the grace She comes forward and gives first to the lovers of our Lord, Who is inseparable from Her, Who enslaved us!
17. cheN^ka NavanpAl thichaimukanpAl dhEvarkaLpAl eN^gum ilAdhadhOr inbamn^am pAladhAk koN^guN karuN^kuzali n^an^thammaik kOdhAtti iN^gun^am illaN^gaL thORum ezun^dharuLich cheN^kamalap poRpAdhan^ than^dharuLuny chEvakanai aN^kaN arachai adiyON^kat kAramudhai n^aN^kaL perumAnaip pAdi n^alan^thikazap paN^kayappUm punalpAyn^dhu AdElOr empAvAy
The rare Bliss that is not got by Vishnu (the red eyed one), by Brahma (one with face in each direction) and by the other divines - shall be ours! Mother (shakti) - one of dark hair and bees around the flowers she is adorning, pampers us. Removes all our faults. Our Lord is residing and blessing in each of our homes, blessing us giving the red lotus like Golden foot. The Charming eyed king, the great Nectar for us, His slaves! We, sing His praises and our virtue and prosperity shall rise! We will bathe in this lotus filled water.
18. aNNA malaiyAn adikkamalam chenRiRainychum viNNOr mudiyin maNiththokai vIRaRRArpOl kaNNAr iravi kadhirvan^dhu kArkarappath thaNNAr oLimazuN^gith thArakaikaL thAmakalap peNNAgi ANAy aliyAyp piRaN^goLichEr viNNAgi maNNAgi iththanaiyum vERAgik kaNNAr amudhamumAy n^inRAn kazalpAdip peNNEip pUmpunalpAyn^dhu AdElOr empAvAy
As the heaps of precious gems on the crowns of the celestial powers lose their radiance, when they go to salute the feet lotuses of the Lord of aNNAmalai, the stars fade away with their cold luminance when the one in the eye - Sun comes to remove the darkness. Being female, male, neuter, rays filled sky, earth and Being apart from all these, One who stands as the nectar for the eyes, singing His ornated foot, Oh girl, bathe in this floral stream.
19. uN^kaiyiR piLLai unakkE adaikkalam enRu aN^gap pazanychoR pudhukkum em achchaththAl eN^gaL perumAn unakkon RuraippOmkEL eN^koN^gai n^in anbar allArthOL chEraRka eN^kai unakkallA dheppaNiyuny cheyyaRka kaN^gulpagal eN^kaN maRRonRuN^ kANaRka iN^gip parichE emakkeN^kOn n^algudhiyEl eN^gezilen nyAyiRu emakkElOr empAvAy
"The child in your hand is your own refugee", because of our fear of that adage coming to existence, our Lord, we tell you something, listen ! Let our breast not join the shoulder of somebody who is not Your lover; Let my hand not do any service other than for You; Night or day let my eye not see anything else. If You, my Lord, give us this gift, let the Sun rise wherever, what is our problem ?
20. pORRi aruLukan^in AdhiyAm pAdhamalar pORRi aruLukan^in an^dhamAny chen^thaLirkaL pORRiyel lAvuyirkkum thORRamAm poRpAdham pORRiyel lAvuyirkkum pOgamAm pUN^kazalkaL pORRiyel lAvuyirkkum IRAm iNaiyadikaL pORRimAl n^AnmuganuN^ kANAdha puNdarikam pORRiyAm uyya At koNdaruLum ponmalarkaL pORRiyAm mArkazin^Ir AdElOr empAvAy
Praises, bless (us) Your flower of feet, the beginning !
Praises, bless Your red tendershoots, the end !
Praises to the Golden feet, the origin of all lives !
Praises to the Floral ornated feet, the pleasure of all lives !
Praises to the Parallel feet, the termination of all lives !
Praises to the Lotus not seen by vishNu and the four faced !
praises to the Golden flowers that bless us taking as slaves !
Praises ! Bathing in the mArkazi month !