Home > Temples of India
Jammu & Kashmir Temples
- Anantnag Dt.
- Anantanag - 2 shiva temples
- Bhaumajo Caves - two (shiva?) temples at the foot of the cliff
- Bijbehara - Harischandir Temple of Shiva Vijayeshvara, having 11 lingas called Ekadash Rudr, built during the period of King Ashoka, on the pilgrim route to Martand and Amarnath
- Bumazuv - cave-temple of architectural interest, Two ancient temples which are converted to Muslim ziarats, 1 mile away from Mattan, from Anantnag on the Pahalgam road
- Kother - faces south-west, on the Acchabal-Kashtwar road
- Kother - faces to the west
- Lok Bhawan - Tirth Raj Asthapan - Shiva temple ? - 8 km from Anantnag.
- Martand - mArttANDeshvar - vijayeshvar (84 pillor temple), 5 miles from the town of Anantnag
- Martandeshwar - Mattan wudar in the East of Anantnag
- Mattan temple - 2 miles from Martand, in the middle of a deep pond
- Nagbal - Shivaji temple - built during the reign of Maharaja Partap Singh
- Sopore - Nandkeshvar Bhairava,
- Sopore - Another Shiv Temple on the bank of the Vitasta, near Rasool, annual festival on Jyestha Amavasya
- Sheer Gunj
- Thajiwara - Chotta AmarNath Temple, wo kilometer from Bijbehara
- Voomoh - Shiva Temple with seven feet long Shiva Lingam, changes colour each day during the week
- Varahamula (Baramulla) Dt.
- Jayapura (Andarkot) - f King Jayapida near Wular Lake
- Koti Tirtha - on the bank of Vitasta - mukha lingam
- sha~Nkarapuram (patAn) - in between shrInagar and bArAmulla, 2 Lord shiva (Sankaragaurisvara and Sugandheswara) temples (8 th century ACE)
- Pattan - Monolithic Siva temple
- Bhairavnath - Baramulla
- Baramulla - Shiva temple
- Baramulla - Nandkishwar Sumbal Bhirav Nath Mandir
- Doda Dt.
- Gupt Ganga Temple, Bhaderwah, Doda, Jammu & Kashmir - ssociated with the Pandavas, during `Agyatvas` (living in exile), Pandavas had spent a few days here