Tamil Text & Tamil Translation
Tamil Text & English Translation
English Text & English Translation
Kannada Text & English Translation
place : thirupperun^thuRai thiruchchiRRambalam 1. pORRien vAzmudhal Agiya poruLE pularn^dhadhu pUN^kazaR kiNaithuNai malarkoNdu ERRin^in thirumugath themakkaruL malarum eziln^agai koNdun^in thiruvadi thozokOm chERRidhazk kamalaN^gaL malarumthaN vayalchUz thirupperun^ thuRaiyuRai chivaperu mAnE ERRuyar kodiyudai yAy enai udaiyAy emperu mAnpaLLi ezun^dharu LAyE
Praises, Oh The Thing that is the principal for my life ! It is dawn, hailing the floral feet with alike flowers, with the glorious smile in Your Rich Face blooming grace to us, (we) worship Your Rich foot. Oh Lord shiva residing at thirupperun^thuRai encircled by the lotuses of muddy petals blooming chill fields ! Oh, Owner of the Bull raised flag ! Oh, my Master !! my Lord ! Bless getting up !!
2. aruNan in^ dhiranthichai aNuginan iruLpOy aganRadhu udhayamn^in malarththiru mugaththin karuNaiyin chUriyan ezaeza n^ayanak kadimalar malaramaR RaNNal aN^ kaNNAm thiraLn^irai aRupadham muralvana ivaiyOr thirupperun^ thuRaiyuRai chivaperu mAnE aruLn^idhi tharavarum Anan^dha malaiyE alaikada lEpaLLi ezun^dharu LAyE
The red sun reached the direction of in^dhiran (east). Darkness went vanished. The dawn is up as the mercy of Your Floral Rich Face like sun is rising up; Eye like fragrant flowers blooming; And Eyeball like bees rhyming; Finding this, oh Lord shiva of thirupperun^thuRai ! Oh Mount of bliss that comes to give the wealth of grace ! Oh roaring (swaying) Ocean ! Bless getting up !!
3. kUvina pUN^guyil kUvina kOzi kurugukaL iyambina iyambina chaN^kam Ovina thArakai oLioLi udhayaththu oruppadu kinRadhu viruppodu n^amakkuth thEvan^aR cheRikazaR RALiNai kAttAy thirupperun^thuRaiyuRai chivaperu mAnE yAvarum aRivari yAy emak keLiyAy emperu mAnpaLLi ezun^dharu LAyE
Shouted the cuckoos ! Shouted the hens ! Chirped the sparrows ! Sounded the conches ! Disappeared the stars ! The light, the luminance spreads in the dawn with our joy. Oh Divine ! Show Your Good ornated parallel feet, Oh Lord shiva of thirupperun^thuRai ! Oh Difficult to be understood by anybody ! Oh Simple for us ! My Lord, Bless getting up !!
4. innichai vINaiyar yAzinar orupAl irukkodu thOththiram iyambinar orupAl thunniya piNaimalark kaiyinar orupAl thozukaiyar azukaiyar thuvaLkaiyar orupAl chenniyil anychali kUppinar orupAl thirupperun^ thuRaiyuRai chivaperu mAnE ennaiyum ANdukoNdu innaruL puriyum emperu mAnpaLLi ezun^dharu LAyE
One side - nice musicians of vIna and yAz. One side - R^ig and praise chanters. One side - people with chaste floral garlands. One side - worshipers, criers, people with hands that is loosing strength. One side - people with folded hands over their head. Oh Lord shiva of thirupperun^thuRai ! My Lord, Who blesses well taking me too as slave ! Bless getting up !!
5. pUdhaN^ga dORun^in RAy enin allAl pOkkilan varavilan enan^inaip pulavOr gIdhaN^gaL pAdudhal Adudhal allAl kEttaRi yOm unaik kaNdaRi vAraich chIdhaN^koL vayalthirup perun^thuRai mannA chin^dhanaik kum ari yAyeN^gaN munvan^dhu EdhaN^gaL aRuththemmai ANdaruL puriyum emperu mAnpaLLi ezun^dharu LAyE
"You are present in all the Elements. One without out or in going", thus, about You, the poets praise singing and dancing, other than that we never heard anybody who saw and realised You ! Oh the King of thirupperun^thuRai of cool fields ! Oh Difficult even to think ! My Lord coming in front of our eye, cutting off our miseries, blessing ruling us ! Bless getting up !!
6. pappaRa vIttirun^ dhuNarumn^in adiyAr pan^dhanai van^dhaRuth thAr avar palarum maippuRu kaNNiyar mAnudath thiyalbin vaNaN^guki RAr aNaN^ ginmaNa vALA cheppuRu kamalaN^gaL malarumthaN vayalchUz thirupperun^ thuRaiyuRai chivaperu mAnE ippiRap paRuththemai ANdaruL puriyum emperu mAnpaLLi ezun^dharu LAyE
Staying liberated, Your slaves experiencing (You), cutting off the bonds, they, many in number, worship with the human feeling that of the (dyed eyed) women. Oh the Groom of the Lady ! Oh Lord shiva of thirupperun^thuRai encircled with the cool fields blooming with red lotuses ! My Lord, who cuts off this birth blessing taking us slaves, Bless getting up !!
7. adhupazach chuvaiyena amudhena aRidhaRku aridhena eLidhena amararum aRiyAr idhuavan thiruvuru ivan avan enavE eN^gaLai ANdukoNdu iN^gezun^ dharuLum madhuvaLar pozilthiru uththara kOcha maN^gaiyuL LAythirup perun^thuRai mannA edhuemaip paNikoLum ARuadhu kEtpOm emperu mAnpaLLi ezun^dharu LAyE
That, is like the taste of the fruits, like the nectar, to know difficult or simple - this even the deathless (amarar - dhEvAs) do not know, that this is His holy form, that This is He ! Graciously appearing here ruling us, Oh the One in thiru uththara kOcha maN^gai of honey breeding gardens ! Oh the king of thirupperun^thuRai ! Which is the way of owning our service, (we) would listen to that. My Lord, Bless getting up !!
8. mun^dhiya mudhaln^adu iRudhiyum AnAy mUvarum aRikilar yAvarmaRRu aRivAr pan^dhaNai viraliyum n^Iyumn^in adiyAr pazaN^kudil thoRumezun^ dharuLiya paranE chen^thazal puraithiru mEniyum kAttith thirupperun^ thuRaiyuRai kOyilum kAtti an^dhaNan Avadhum kAttivan^dhu ANdAy Aramu dhEpaLLi ezun^dharu LAyE
You became the early first, middle and end. Even the trinity do not know, who else would know ! Oh Supreme, the Lady with the globe in the finger and You, who blessed coming in each old abodes of Your slaves ! Showing the Red fire like Holy body, showing the temple of thirupperun^thuRai , showing the being of Guide (the man of cool heart) (You) came to rule. Oh Nice nectar ! Bless getting up !!
9. viNNakath thEvarum n^aNNavum mAttA vizupporu LEuna thozuppadi yON^gaL maNNagath thEvan^dhu vAzachchey dhAnE vaNthirup perun^thuRai yAyvazi adiyOm kaNNagath thEn^inRu kaLitharu thEnE kadalamu dhEkarum bEvirum badiyAr eNNagath thAy ula gukkuyi rAnAy emperu mAnpaLLi ezun^dharu LAyE
Oh Great thing unreachable even for the dhEvAs of the space ! Oh the One who made us, Your humble slaves, live coming on this earth ! Oh the One in thirupperun^thuRai ! Oh the One standing giving joy in the eyes of us, traditional slaves ! Oh the Nectar from the ocean ! Oh Sugar(cane) ! The One residing in the thoughts of liking slaves ! The Soul of the world ! My Lord, Bless getting up !!
10. buvaniyiR pOyppiRa vAmaiyin n^ALn^Am pOkkukin ROm ava mEin^dhab bUmi chivan uyyak koLkinRa vARenRu n^Okkith thirupperun^ thuRaiyuRai vAythiru mAlAm avanvirup peydhavum malaravan Achaip padavumn^in alarn^dhameyk karuNaiyum n^Iyum avaniyiR pugun^dhemai AtkoLLa vallAy Aramu dhEpaLLi ezun^dharu LAyE
By not taking birth in the world we are wasting our days, this earth is the way Shiva takes to bliss, thus observing, Oh the One residing in thirupperun^thuRai, the holy Dark one (vishNu) getting the wish, the one on the flower (braHma) yearning, Your bloomed real mercy and You, entering this world capable of enslaving me ! Oh nice Nectar ! Bless getting up !!