कुर्वन्नेवेह कर्माणि जिजीविषेच्छतó समाः ।
एवं त्वयि नान्यथेतोऽस्ति न कर्म लिप्यते नरे ॥ २ ॥
kurvanneveha karmANi jijIviShechChatagM samAH |
evaM tvayi nAnyatheto&sti na karma lipyate nare || 2 ||
(kurvan eveha karmANi jijIviShech shataM samAH |
evaM tvayi na anyatheto asti na karma lipyate nare || 2 ||)
Let these actions itself be performed in balance through the life.
This is for you!
There is no other way in which the karma will not taint the humans!
1. shataM - forever; lipyate - taint/pollute.
2. samAH - The balanced perspective - karma samuchyam
- viewing the positives and negatives as natural couples
- not desiring or detesting.
3. People who realize the insidious nature of the Karmic cycle want to
come out of it - at times trying to abandon the karma. However
they would not be able to abandon all karma. That karma will
still chase them.
Isa upanishad recommends us to keep doing action - with one caveat -
"Do the karma with balance without desire or detest". Only by
continuing to perform in that balanced mode the karma will not
stick to or taint one. That is the way to live!!
4. c.f. நன்று இது தீது என வந்த நடுக்கம் நடந்தன - திருவாசகம்.
5. Concept of "Iruvinai oppu" or "malaparibaga" in Shaiva Siddhanta
reflects this fundamental in an elaborate way.
6. The way to get the balanced perspective is to surrender to God and work.
c.f. The darkness of the two types of karma will not haunt those,
who chose to work with the Glory of God - Thirukkural