Home > Renovation and Services
ThiruppaNi - ThiruvidaimaruthUr thiruppaNi group
This is the information received from one of the devotees Mr.Seshan
There is a charitable trust located at Thiruvidaimarudur
adjacent to the Mahalingaswamy temple which carries out Annadhaanam
daily and has been engaged in renovative work of Lord Shiva temples
for the last 10 years or more.
The main activity of the group is renovation, performing abhishekam
during the month of "Aadi" and conducting Annadaanam.
1) The renovation of Papanasam 108 sivalayam and the kumbhabhishekam
was performed in 78-79.
2) Renovation & kumbhabhishekam at Karanthai Vasishteswarar Koil in
3) Sri kanaka vinayagar koil , 1km from Gangaikonda cholapuram was the
2nd renovation activity of the group.
4) Current renovation activity is on at Chozhan Maaligai near
Patteeswaram. An amt of 3 lakhs has been mobilised and further lookout
is on for funds.
Other than the above mentioned temples, some activity has been
planned for thiruthevankudi for the karkadeswarar koil there. Some aid
has been promised by a group of well wishers, but the project is yet
to take off. At the same site, during every month of Aadi, abhishekam
Other temples where annadaanam and abhishekam are conducted during
Aadi are the following. The list is not exhaustive and pls note that
all temples are not visited every year, but the following is the list
of temples where Rudrabhishekam has been conducted during the last 25
1) Thiruvalanchuzhy 2) Swamimalai 3) Patteeswaram 4) Thiruvidaimarudur 5)
Thanjavur 6) Karantahi 7) Thiruvarur 8) Vaitheeswarankoil 9)
Thirumangalakudy 10)Thiruvizhimizhalai 11) Thiruthevankudy 12) Suryanarkoil
13) Kathiramangalam 14)Kanjanoor 15) Thiruvaduthurai 16)
Gangaikondacholapuram 17) Thirupanandal 18) Achalpuram 19) hirunageswaram
20) Veerasingapuram 21) Thribhuvanam etc...
Back to the page on thiruppaNi
Back to Shaiva Sidhdhantha Home Page
Back to Home Page