"I am a servitor of the servitors
Of Paramanaiye Paatuvaar"
- The Tiru-th-Tonda-th-Tokai.
1. We hail the glory of the psalmodists who sing
Only the Supreme One--the Destroyer of the triple citadels,
The Wearer of snakes as jewels, the peerless Ens
That manifests when wisdom ripens into Gnosis,
The Lord-Author of all the worlds and the Omniscient One
Who is not to be perceived by sense or sense-organs. (4166)
2. In whatsoever language they have mastery--
Be it southern Tamil or northern Sanskrit
Or any other tongue of the foreign region--,
With inly, melting devotion and integrated
And true consciousness, they sing, and the object
Of their hymns is the Lord-Patron who dances
In the Ambalam--the supreme Lord unknown
To the Vishnu Boar and the Brahma Swan. (4167)
1. These, for ever, magnify the Lord and His servitors.
2. They sing in many languages. Their message is but the glory of God.
Here ends the Puranam of Paramanaiye Paatuvaar
Sincere thanks to Sri. T N Ramachandran of thanjavur, for permitting his English rendering of the holy text periyapurANam be published here.