Native Indian Cow breeds form the heart of country - be it in the cultural, social, agricultural and religious sense. The importance of these cows, as the play-mates of Lord Krishna, or as nourishers of agricultural fields (through their dung and urine), or as providers of materials for Yagna (like cow-dung cakes, Ghee) is well known. It must be reminded that when we talk of protecting cows, we are talking of cows which belong to Indian breeds, native to what was called as Bharata Varsha (ancient India) from Sindh onto Punjab, J & K onto Assam to Tamilnadu. Due to White Revolution the Indian breed cows are becoming numerically restricted due to introduction of foreign breed cows and active breeding with the semen of these foreign breeds.
By using Pure Vibhuti, you can contribute towards cow protection or go samrakshanam. Protecting the Indian breed cows in today's context means that one needs to use the non-milk products coming in from that, given that milk yields are typically low. So using non-milk products like Vibhuti, cow dung cakes and Gomaya (plus its variants used as human medicine and manure) is key to sustenance.
Long-term protection of cows – again repeating those of the Indian breeds, require highlighting the value of the non-milk products available from them and we as consumers patronizing these products so that farmers and goshalas find it possible to financially maintain the cows and they are not forced to sell them off.
Notes for reference:
• Detailed list of Indian cow breeds:http://eng.gougram.org/breeds/
• Specialty of Indian cow breeds: :http://eng.gougram.org/indian-cow/speciality/
• There is extensive research and published literature espousing the benefits derived from these - be it the milk or cow dung or Gomaya - the cow urine. No wonder the proponents of organic cultivation strongly recommend the use of cow dung and urine from Indian cow breeds. They say there is a very significant benefits to be reaped by using these.
• In Ayurveda and Indian traditional healing systems, the healing power of Gomaya is well established. It balances blood sugar. BP, relaxes the pain in joints and is also supposed to cure cancer!
So much so that it is even getting recognized in western media.
See : http://www.livescience.com/42529-cow-urine-health-benefits-gomutra-ark.html
• Panchagavya made out of cow urine, cow dung, milk, curd and ghee, is highly valued in Hindu religion and also occupies a position of pride in agriculture as well.
See also :